WISE Fence Opening

anguillian
By anguillian May 23, 2014 08:31

 

 

Students and others

Students and others

Mrs Kim Cutler cutting ribbon

Mrs Kim Cutler cutting ribbon

WISE, an Alternative to the Main Campus of ALHCS, is housed in the buildings of the Old Cottage Hospital. The Old Cottage Hospital was established by Dr. Samuel B. Jones, the first black medical doctor in the Leeward Islands who served as a Warden, doctor and Magistrate of Anguilla from 1918 to 1923. WISE, now in its 10th year of operation on this historic location, started with the woodwork workshop in one room, the former female ward. Now WISE is spread out comprising of 14 workshops and teaching rooms.

Kim Cutler and Myrtle Smith from the Governor’s Office cut the ribbon of the main gate of the new perimeter fence of the WISE Compound to officially open the gate and to celebrate this milestone.

The Governor’s Office was inspired by the passion of WISE Co-Ordinator Gabriele Klaren and made the funds available so that the WISE Campus can move forward with an improved and expanded curriculum.

The new area created by the placement of the fence, will be used as a sport court and a agricultural ground and garden. In one area inside the fence a go-cart and athletic track will facilitate small engine mechanics and runners but not at the same time!

Staff and students of WISE are grateful for the grant made possible by the Governor’s Office which financed the building of the perimeter fence and also the installation of gutters and the upgrade of the girls and boys bathrooms. Thanks as well goes out to PS Chanelle Petty-Barrett, Education for her support and guidance and to MICUH for their logistical help.

– Press Release

(Published without editing by The Anguillian newpaper.)

anguillian
By anguillian May 23, 2014 08:31

Advertisement

Latest Poll

Do you like the new layout of the Anguillian ?